The Diaspora Spacecraft Design section provides a list of common stunts. Given the build point system there is plenty of room for more stunts. One of the things I’m curious about is exploring spacecraft stunts that cost zero or less build points.
Another element that is not addressed in the core Diaspora rules is improving existing spacecraft. Included is a section for improving spaceships.
Begin OPEN GAME CONTENT
Additional Stunts for Diaspora Spaceships (Alpha)
- Broadband Guidance Jamming: May make Electronic Warfare (EW 🔍) skill check at -1 as defense against torpedoes. 1 bp.
- Expanded Trade Capacity: -1 V-shift, +1 Trade. 0 bp.
- Expanded Beams Array: -1 V-shift, +1 Beams. 0 bp.
- Expanded Torpedo Array: -1 V-shift, +1 Torpedoes. 0 bp.
- Explosive Beams: Beam weapons may attack all ships in a given band. 2 bp.
- Explosive Torpedoes: Torpedoes may attack all ships in a given band. 2 bp.
- Hardened: Choose one stress track; when choosing consequences to mitigate damage against the chosen track use the following schedule: 2/3/4. 1 bp.
- Improved Armor: +1 Frame stress track, +1 Cost, -1 to Maintenance checks. 0 bp. (Not available for Wargaming)
- Improved Heat Sinks: +1 Heat stress track, +2 Cost, -1 to Maintenance checks. 0 bp. (Not available for Wargaming)
- Improved Computer Systems: +1 Data stress track, +1 Cost, -1 to Maintenance checks. 0 bp. (Not available for Wargaming)
- Penetrating Beams: Beams inflict one more point of stress on a successful attack. 1 bp.
- Penetrating Torpedoes: Torpedoes inflict one more point of stress on a successful attack. 1 bp.
- Penetrating EW: EW inflict one more point of data stress on a successful attack. 1 bp.
- Prototype: Choose an aspect, it is free-taggable once per encounter by your opponents. -3 bp.
Proposed Rules for Spacecraft Upgrades (Alpha)
Upgrades must be performed at a space station. An Assets and Engineering check are required to complete the upgrade.
Paying for the upgrade requires an Assets check against a difficulty of base 4 + build point difference + difference in Tech level between ship and system. For example, if the T2 spaceship is at a T1 space station and is going to improve it’s V-Shift from 2 to 3 then the base difficulty is 7 (base 4 + 2 for V-Shift 2 to 3 on a T2 ship + 1 for T2 - T1).
Completing the upgrade requires an Engineering check against the same difficulty as the Assets check, with a base time of one day with (positive or negative) shifts modifying the time to repair by one per shift.
Once an upgrade is complete, replace one of the spaceship’s aspects with an appropriate aspect representing the upgrade. If the spaceship loses the aspect related to the upgrade, the upgrade is lost as well.
End OPEN GAME CONTENT