After a long hiatus – 2 months – we returned to our Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker campaign. There was a lot of rust, and the session sputtered to get going.
In the Homeland
- Chase and Walt reported back to their station.
- Chase was able to convince his superior of the outlandish happenings.
- Chase was given leave to pursue more information regarding his family.
- Walt was ordered to stay behind.
- Chase requisitioned a crossbow for Margaret.
- Margaret and Peter purchased gambeson armor. They didn’t want to chance a leather purchase.
- Chase, Margaret, and Peter were reunited with no delay.
- They approached the border and were questioned – there was a warrant based on their description – prominent scar.
- Chase, ever the smooth talker, was able to convince the border patrol, that we weren’t who they were looking for.
- The other border guards interrogated us, but were letting us through with little challenge.
- Peter learned about a new pastry – scones. He was going to figure out how to make them.
In the Cromoniam Confederation
- We traveled to a town where Peter learned the recipe for scones.
- On this day, Margaret achieved her first Aura-Reading test – she now needs to learn Magesense.
- Margaret was looking for a Tarot deck, relying instead on fresh chickens as her tools.
- Margaret made her Ob 1 circles test to find – Yellow-Eyed Yolanda, a purveyor of divination devices. Unfortunately, she was in the opposite direction.
- Margaret found a chicken and butchered it, and with the entrails divined that Ryan, her brother, was in a hamlet several days away.
- Margaret attempted with the help of her brothers to cook that evenings meal – failure. We all were food poisoned the next day (+1 Ob).
- The next morning, Margaret wanted to know more about her black glove so asked the portents what they were about 1 Persona + B5 Astrology Ob 4+1. She failed – this may have been her first Astrology failure of the campaign.
- With another day of travel, they arrived in the village and were met with a strange vibe. The town had something very odd going on – people were somewhat trance-like.
- Margaret, Peter, and Chase attempted to secure a room for the evening – and failed. Reducing Chase’s taxed resources from B3 to B2.
- As we were walking around the town, Margaret noticed an arrow fired from within the woods.
- Margaret, Peter, and Chase debated for a bit on what to do.
- Chase would sneak up and find out what was going on.
- Margaret would remain outside with her crossbow.
- Peter and Claudio would go to the restaurant and eat lunch.
- Chase sneaking into the woods found his brother Ryan and another women.
- There was a bit of exposition concerning the various families that have guarded the realm – but more importantly to not eat the food in the town. People would go there and never leave.
- Chase hurried back.
- Meanwhile Margaret was waiting outside and the streets were empty during mid-afternoon.
- In the restaurant, Peter and Claudio were working out that something was very odd. It was empty. There was no soup prepared and the owner was lying to them about there having been a festival and everyone was out of money – this was contrary to what another villager had said.
- Peter and Claudio made their exit.
- Peter, Claudio, Margaret, and Chase left the city and made their way to where they could meet up with Ryan.
- They then went off of the road on some wooded trails – failing to cover their tracks.
- Ryan claims to have been gone for 4 months, while according to our timeline he’s only been gone for 1 month.
- We went to the camp and talked a bit. There is debate about whether we should return home or find out more about the small village.
- A boy, in a trance approached, having followed us.
- He refused to talk with strangers. So Margaret thought she’d use Phantasmagoria to conjure an image of the woman she had talked to from the village.
- FAILURE - And she summoned an Imp – who recognized us. It crept away. Margaret shot at it but missed.
- Peter stepped up and breathed a gout of flame that would’ve slain most men – but the imps leathery skin protected it.
- Chase fired and again it’s skin saved it.
- We dropped into a Range and Cover as the imp tried to skitter away – but Chase is dangerous in that arena and we managed to incapacitate the Imp with a Midi.
- We regrouped and debated a bit more about our next course of action…it sounds like we are going to find out what is going on in the town.
Thusfar Margaret has advanced her B2 Astrology to B5 – it is the work horse skill – via tests related to her family. Of these tests, the majority have been related to finding her family (OB 3s and OB* 4s). She has yet to fail those tests.
We are leaning heavily on Astrology as a means of gathering information about things that would be very hard to find out otherwise.
We need to work a bit on our procedures. Namely stating Task and Intent as well as making sure we know the consequence of failure before hand. There are a few too many failed tests that don’t have consequences.