Before I go on, there are a lot of playbooks available for Dungeon World. It is such a lovely and hackable game. And while your campaign may not have room for all of these playbooks, it is always interesting to see what is out there.
They most certainly would have a place in a Dark Heart of the Dreamer campaign, a Dungeon World love letter to Planescape.
Dungeon World by Adam Koebel and Sage LaTorra
The core classes, except for the Barbarian are presently available at dungeon-world.com/downloads. Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license.
Adventures on Dungeon Planet by Johnstone Metzger
- Earthling - an adventurer out of time and space
- Engine of Destruction - a robotic destroyer wreaking havoc upon its enemies and tearing cities down around it.
- Mutant - a physically unstable shapeshifter
- Technician - influencer of both man and machine through the power of science
Lair of the Unknown by Johnstone Metzger
An adventure with the goal of helping the GM run their first Dungeon World adventure and possibly campaign. Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported license. It includes the Dungeoneer, the “pre-eminent explorer of dangerous underground areas.”
Available at DriveThruRPG and Lulu.
Inverse World by Jacob Randolph
- Captain - a high-flying airship owner
- Lantern - a warrior-diplomat of the sun
- Mechanic - an inventive sort with a technological wonder; Think Tony Stark/Ironman
- Sky Dancer - able to swim through the sky
- Survivor - scarred from the aftermath of their cataclysm
- Walker - a master of parkour and acrobatics
- Golem - built for battle and made to take orders
Alternate Dungeon World Playbooks by Jacob Randolph
Available at DriveThruRPG as a bundle of four classes. The Mage, Priest, and Templar are inspired by the Wizard, Cleric, and Paladin but remove the last vestiges of D&D magic.
- Artificer - a tinkerer, inspired by the Eberron Artificer class.
- Mage - power derived from spell foci
- Priest - power from the gods; you are a leader of your flock
- Templar - smite the heretics and drive your allies to push even harder for your cause
Individual Playbooks at DriveThruRPG
I believe all of these playbooks are under some Creative Commons License, which means they are yours to tweak and modified and even redistribute. Though some may come with DriveThruRPG watermarks.
You'll also want to checkout what bundles are available.
- The Arcane Duelist by Timothy Schroeder – weaves magic and martial skill together to form a style entirely his or her own.
- The Assassin by Alex Norris – “a lethal killer with a mastery of shadow magic, partly inspired by the video game Dishonored.”
- The Brute by James Hawthorne – smash through walls, pick up goblins and use them as weapons; this is not a subtle class!
- Clock Mage by Jacob Randolph – built around time control. You have no magic but the ability to move differently, see differently.
- Clockpunk by Street Rat Games - “make clockwork timehacking devices that bend and break the flow of time, or harness the energy of this flow to your own benefit.”
- Cursed Knight by Timothy Schroeder – walks a perpetual tightrope, gaining both greater power and greater risk of losing control as it unleashes its dark powers.
- Cultist by Jacob Randolph - your words have more power than those of lesser beings.
- Dashing Hero by Jacob Randolph - you outshine all other adventurers, at least in style
- Dragon Mage by Jacob Randolph - You emulate dragons, mimick them, and in some ways, you may even surpass them.
- Dwarf by Andri Erlingsson – You are the stone. You were here before, and you will be here after.
- Dungeonneer by Johnstone Metzger - an expert treasure hunter and dungeon delver (available free from his website)
- Elf by Andri Erlingsson – you walk the world with your head held high, glad to spend your race's final days in the company of those who strive beyond their limits, never giving up.
- Fae by Adrian Theon - trick and beguile your enemies
- Fool by Adrian Theon - bumble through adventures
- Giant by Adrian Theon - tower over others
- Halfling by Andri Erlingsson – When the time comes to sacrifice comfort for safety, you'll drop the fork and draw the knife. When enemies and thieves encroach, you'll fight them with sling and stealth.
- Initiate by Josh Krutt - Master of unarmed combat.
- Medic by Jacob Randolph - a healer that could be a pacifist or a mad doctor
- Metamorph by C. Lee - “Shapeshifters, Changelings, Skinwalkers. Adaptable heroes and foes of myth and legend.”
- Mountebank by Jeremy Friesen - Everyone wants to believe something, and you capitalize on that.
- Namer by Fünhaver Industries - command true names to control the world around you
- Pit Fighter by Street Rat Games - “You were born to fight. And now you are are paid to fight. Because the crowds love you, because they love to see you bleed, you oblige them whenever you can.”
- Princess by June Shores - “combines femininity, power, and grace in an archetype inspired by feminine heroines like Dorothy Gale, Fionna & Cake, and Usagi Tsukino and comes with twenty all new advanced moves to determine your Princess's destiny.”
- Shaman by Fünhaver Industries - followers of the old path of blood and sacrifice
- Sorcerer by Adrian Theon - you channel your constantly shifting emotions into powerful, wild magic with unusual results.
- Spellslinger by Adrian Theon - a combination of fast and deadly wand combat, and wild west lone gunman antics.
- Street Rat by Street Rat Games - “moves similar to that of a thief, but he is an urban acrobat, a social hacker, a devious fighter, and above all, a survivor.”
- Summoner by Timothy Schroeder – “Draw out the circle, speak the incantations, and hope that the bindings hold.”
- Warlock by Fünhaver Industries - powered by dark pacts, you've sold your soul for something great
- Winter Mage by Jacob Randolph - The Winter Mage is as hard as ice, as biting as the wind, and as distant as the snowy mountaintops.
- Witch by Jacob Randolph - a potion brewing spellcaster with dark and forbidden magicks at her command
Compiled Freely Available Playbooks by James Myers
Compiled by James Myers, these are various available playbooks. The attribution is a work in progress, and some are possibly earlier versions of those that are available at DriveThruRPG.com.
- Grave Knight
- Fortune Teller
- True Friend
- True Knight
And last but not least, nerdwerd's Dungeon World resources.