Posts for 2019

This page provides an overview into what happened for Take on Rules during .

All Posts

Each year, most of what I write are blog posts.

In , I wrote 51 posts…

The 51 posts have about 40287 words, for an average of 789 words per post.

For a Series

Some of these posts, I've written as part of a series.

I've posted into 8 series…

Tagged

Every post I write, I tag with one or more tags. This year, I used 50 tags.

I've tagged posts with 50 tags…

Below, I list the date I published the tagged post, and a link to that post.

Updates

Sometimes I go back and update posts with new information or corrections.

I wrote 34 updates…

Below, I list the date of the updates and a link to the updated page.

Changes

Sometimes I tinker with the structure or layout of the site.

I made and recorded 11 changes…

Below, I list the date of the updates and a link to the updated page.

Changing the marginnote to be an <aside> element. The Marginnote already rendered within a p-tag, which was a display block element. In using an aside, I can remove an extra <span> element and use a more semantically correct element.
Continued work to compress the CSS and remove extraneous declarations.
Moving Changelog from top-level page to a page under Metadata.
Adding rake social:to_mastodon task to help syndicate content to Mastodon.
Removing Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
Adding closing parenthesis “)” to sidenotes.
Established Changelog, and began backfilling.
Removing Google Form previously used for contacting me. Just email me at jeremy@takeonrules.com.
Tidied up HTML markup for Metadata external links
Adding audit task to look for images without ALT tags; At present this audit logs warnings.
Adding audit task to look for unexpanded strikethrough.
Loading CSS inline, instead of as a linked resource. While each page now has a larger size, this reduces the number of HTTP requests per page load.
Removing custom font in favor of Times, Courier, and Ariel. This saves approximately 200 KB on uncached requests.
Modifying exporter to also export posts to Reddit markdown format. See rake -T for details.
Adding “Into the Unknown” and “The Markdown SRD5” to Open Game License for site.
Adding color to code section rendering.
Cleaning up code CSS to better handle first line of code.
Amending audit scripts to address frequent false positives regarding unexpanded markdown directives.
Creating content exporter to export posts to BoardGameGeek forum format. See rake -T for details.