My kickstarted copy of “Dungeon Crawl Classics: Lankhmar” arrived yesterday. While I haven’t run nor played DCC* in almost 2 years, the box set still thrills me.
I love Fritz Leiber’s Lankhmar, and look forward to reading a deep dive into Lahnkmar lore. During the campaign they announced the following stretch goal:
At $165,000: Cleared! We will add send Michael Curtis to Houston for a week to research the Fritz Leiber archives in the University of Houston. We anticipate this may result in a new product of some kind to be delivered to backers of this Kickstarter, but exactly what we’ll discover in the archives - and what product may result from it - can’t be determined until Michael sets foot in the archives! Read more about this stretch goal here!
I love that I helped fund that research. But on to the unboxing.
In the box set I have:
- The Judge’s Guide to Nehwon
- Compendium of Secret Knowledge
- Lankhmar: City of the Black Toga
- No Small Crimes (DCC Lankhmar #0)
- A 33” x 17” poster map of the City of Lankmar
- A 17” x 22” map of Nehwon
- A 3-panel judges screen with specific tables for Lankmar
- A Goodman Games Gazette
- A download code for a digital edition (which is not yet up on DriveThruRPG)
- Two DCC Road Crew Posters
Tonight I’ll dive deep into the city of Lankhmar.
Alas, within the boxed set, I will not have room for my copies of other DCC Lankhmar suppliments: