Last night and this morning I’ve tinkered with my blogging engine. I wanted to highlight some recent changes.
Each HTML 📖 table on the site now has a unique identifier.
As I read through my various role-playing games, I love flipping to the back to review the indices and appendices. I love the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Dungeon Master’s Guide. One of the indices lists the tables in the book, each uniquely identified.
I wanted something similar. This week I wrote up some scripts to work this out. Take a look at the Table of Tables.
Going forward, I would like to set up a URL 📖 for each table. In the future, I’d like you to be able to link to https://takeonrules.com/tables/1 and see Table 1: Initial starting positions . I would also like to expose those tables as JSON 📖 .
Behind the scenes, I want to create a Hugo Shortcode that would allow me to reference a table in my content creation quickly.
Each content update on the site now goes through a common Hugo Shortcode. You can now see all of the labeled updates I have made to previous posts.
A blog can bury updates. I wanted to expose these in part for personal reasons, but also as a programming exercise.
For the future,aside from the table redirects, I want to extract the build scripts that I use into a separate Github repository. I believe sharing those could be helpful for others. I’m sure I’ll think of other things.