All Open Game Content on TakeOnRules.com will be clearly marked as such and linked to this license. Content not explicitly marked Open Game Content is considered Product Identity.
For specific open game content, see posts with open game content.You may also be interested in other licensed content on this site.
Begin Open Game License
OPEN GAME LICENSE Version 1.0a
The following text is the property of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. and is Copyright 2000 Wizards of the Coast, Inc ("Wizards"). All Rights Reserved.
1. Definitions: (a)"Contributors" means the copyright and/or trademark owners who have contributed Open Game Content; (b)"Derivative Material" means copyrighted material including derivative works and translations (including into other computer languages), potation, modification, correction, addition, extension, upgrade, improvement, compilation, abridgment or other form in which an existing work may be recast, transformed or adapted; (c) "Distribute" means to reproduce, license, rent, lease, sell, broadcast, publicly display, transmit or otherwise distribute; (d)"Open Game Content" means the game mechanic and includes the methods, procedures, processes and routines to the extent such content does not embody the Product Identity and is an enhancement over the prior art and any additional content clearly identified as Open Game Content by the Contributor, and means any work covered by this License, including translations and derivative works under copyright law, but specifically excludes Product Identity. (e) "Product Identity" means product and product line names, logos and identifying marks including trade dress; artifacts; creatures characters; stories, storylines, plots, thematic elements, dialogue, incidents, language, artwork, symbols, designs, depictions, likenesses, formats, poses, concepts, themes and graphic, photographic and other visual or audio representations; names and descriptions of characters, spells, enchantments, personalities, teams, personas, likenesses and special abilities; places, locations, environments, creatures, equipment, magical or supernatural abilities or effects, logos, symbols, or graphic designs; and any other trademark or registered trademark clearly identified as Product identity by the owner of the Product Identity, and which specifically excludes the Open Game Content; (f) "Trademark" means the logos, names, mark, sign, motto, designs that are used by a Contributor to identify itself or its products or the associated products contributed to the Open Game License by the Contributor (g) "Use", "Used" or "Using" means to use, Distribute, copy, edit, format, modify, translate and otherwise create Derivative Material of Open Game Content. (h) "You" or "Your" means the licensee in terms of this agreement.
2. The License: This License applies to any Open Game Content that contains a notice indicating that the Open Game Content may only be Used under and in terms of this License. You must affix such a notice to any Open Game Content that you Use. No terms may be added to or subtracted from this License except as described by the License itself. No other terms or conditions may be applied to any Open Game Content distributed using this License.
3. Offer and Acceptance: By Using the Open Game Content You indicate Your acceptance of the terms of this License.
4. Grant and Consideration: In consideration for agreeing to use this License, the Contributors grant You a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license with the exact terms of this License to Use, the Open Game Content.
5. Representation of Authority to Contribute: If You are contributing original material as Open Game Content, You represent that Your Contributions are Your original creation and/or You have sufficient rights to grant the rights conveyed by this License.
6. Notice of License Copyright: You must update the COPYRIGHT NOTICE portion of this License to include the exact text of the COPYRIGHT NOTICE of any Open Game Content You are copying, modifying or distributing, and You must add the title, the copyright date, and the copyright holder's name to the COPYRIGHT NOTICE of any original Open Game Content you Distribute.
7. Use of Product Identity: You agree not to Use any Product Identity, including as an indication as to compatibility, except as expressly licensed in another, independent Agreement with the owner of each element of that Product Identity. You agree not to indicate compatibility or co-adaptability with any Trademark or Registered Trademark in conjunction with a work containing Open Game Content except as expressly licensed in another, independent Agreement with the owner of such Trademark or Registered Trademark. The use of any Product Identity in Open Game Content does not constitute a challenge to the ownership of that Product Identity. The owner of any Product Identity used in Open Game Content shall retain all rights, title and interest in and to that Product Identity.
8. Identification: If you distribute Open Game Content You must clearly indicate which portions of the work that you are distributing are Open Game Content.
9. Updating the License: Wizards or its designated Agents may publish updated versions of this License. You may use any authorized version of this License to copy, modify and distribute any Open Game Content originally distributed under any version of this License.
10. Copy of this License: You MUST include a copy of this License with every copy of the Open Game Content You Distribute.
11. Use of Contributor Credits: You may not market or advertise the Open Game Content using the name of any Contributor unless You have written permission from the Contributor to do so.
12. Inability to Comply: If it is impossible for You to comply with any of the terms of this License with respect to some or all of the Open Game Content due to statute, judicial order, or governmental regulation then You may not Use any Open Game Material so affected.
13. Termination: This License will terminate automatically if You fail to comply with all terms herein and fail to cure such breach within 30 days of becoming aware of the breach. All sublicenses shall survive the termination of this License.
14. Reformation: If any provision of this License is held to be unenforceable, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable.
15. COPYRIGHT NOTICE
Open Game License v 1.0 Copyright 2000, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
Advanced Edition Companion, © 2009–2010, Daniel Proctor. Author Daniel Proctor. Lamentations of the Flame Princess: Weird Fantasy Role-Playing Deluxe Edition, © 2010, LotFP. Author James Edward Raggi IV
Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game Copyright © 2006-2008 Chris Gonnerman.
Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game Copyright © 2006–2008 Chris Gonnerman.
Blackmarsh, Copyright 2011, Robert Conley.
Bulldogs! Copyright © 2011 Brennan Taylor/Galileo Games. All rights reserved. Bulldogs! created by Eric Coble, Chuck Cooley, Robert Cooley, Nathan Crowder, and C. Austin Hogan.
Castles & Crusades: Monsters Product Support, © 2005, Troll Lord Games.
Castles & Crusades: Players Handbook, Copyright 2004, Troll Lord Games; Authors Davis Chenault and Mac Golden.
Cave Cricket from the Tome of Horrors, copyright 2002, Necromancer Games, Inc.; Authors Scott Greene and Clark Peterson, based on original material by Gary Gygax.
Crab, Monstrous from the Tome of Horrors, copyright 2002, Necromancer Games, Inc.; Author Scott Greene, based on original material by Gary Gygax.
Darwin’s World © 2002, RPGObjects; Authors Dominic Covey and Chris Davis.
Diaspora © VSCA Publishing. Authors Brad Murray, C.W. Marshall, Tim Dyke and Byron Kerr.
Eldritch Weirdness, Book One, © 2008, Matthew J. Finch
FATE (Fantastic Adventures in Tabletop Entertainment) © 2003 by Evil Hat Productions LLC; Authors Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks.
First Level Magic-User Spells Grindhouse Edition Spell Contest: Bookspeak, © 2011 Daniel Smith First Level Magic-User Spells Grindhouse Edition Spell Contest: Howl of the Moon, © 2011 Joel Rojas)
Fly, Giant from the Tome of Horrors, copyright 2002, Necromancer Games, Inc.; Author Scott Greene, based on original material by Gary Gygax.
Fudge 10th Anniversary Edition Copyright 2005, Grey Ghost Press, Inc.; Authors Steffan O'Sullivan and Ann Dupuis, with additional material by Jonathan Benn, Peter Bonney, Deird'Re Brooks, Reimer Behrends, Don Bisdorf, Carl Cravens, Shawn Garbett, Steven Hammond, Ed Heil, Bernard Hsiung, J.M. "Thijs" Krijger, Sedge Lewis, Shawn Lockard, Gordon McCormick, Kent Matthewson, Peter Mikelsons, Robb Neumann, Anthony Roberson, Andy Skinner, William Stoddard, Stephan Szabo, John Ughrin, Alex Weldon, Duke York, Dmitri Zagidulin
Fudge System 1995 version © 1992-1995 by Steffan O’Sullivan, © 2005 by Grey Ghost Press, Inc.; Author Steffan O’Sullivan.
Golem, Wood from the Tome of Horrors, copyright 2002, Necromancer Games, Inc.; Authors Scott Greene and Patrick Lawinger.
Halberds and Helmets Copyright 2012–2016, Alex Schroeder.
Kamadan from the Tome of Horrors, copyright 2002, Necromancer Games, Inc.; Author Scott Greene, based on original material by Nick Louth.
Labyrinth LordTM © 2007–2009, Daniel Proctor. Author Daniel Proctor.
Lamentations of the Flame Princess: Weird Fantasy Role-Playing Grindhouse Edition, © 2011, LotFP, Author James Edward Raggi IV Lamentations of the Flame Princess: Weird Fantasy Role-Playing Player Core Book: Rules & Magic © 2013 LotFP, author James Edward Raggi IV
Legends of Anglerre
© 2010, Cubicle 7 Entertainment Ltd.
Modern System Reference Document © 2002– 2004, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.; Authors Bill Slavicsek, Jeff Grubb, Rich Redman, Charles Ryan, Eric Cagle, David Noonan, Stan!, Christopher Perkins, Rodney Thompson, and JD Wiker, based on material by Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams, Richard Baker, Peter Adkison, Bruce R. Cordell, John Tynes, Andy Collins, and JD Wiker.
Monster Compendium: 0e, Copyright 2008, Matthew J. Finch
Monstrosities, Copyright 2012, Matthew J. Finch
Mutant FutureTM © 2008, Daniel Proctor and Ryan Denison. Authors Daniel Proctor and Ryan Denison.
New Spells: A Basic Fantasy Supplement Copyright © 2007 Chris Gonnerman, Ola Berg, Angelo Bertolli, Jeff Querner, Everett Bradshaw, Emiliano Marche i,Ethan Moore, Jim Bobb, and Scott Abraham
OSRICTM © 2006, Stuart Marshall, adapting material prepared by Matthew J. Finch, based upon the System Reference Document, and inspired by the works of E. Gary Gygax, Dave Arneson, and many others.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary 2, © 2010, Paizo Publishing, LLC; Authors Wolfgang Baur, Jason Bulmahn Adam Daigle, Graeme Davis, Crystal Frasier, Joshua J. Frost, Tim Hitchcock, Brandon Hodge, James Jacobs, Steve Kenson, Hal MacLean, Martin Mason, Rob McCreary, Erik Mona, Jason Nelson, Patrick Renie, Sean K Reynolds, F. Wesley Schneider, Owen K.C. Stephens, James L. Sutter, Russ Taylor, and Greg A. Vaughan, based on material by Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, and Skip Williams.
Pathfinder RPG Bestiary, © 2009, Paizo Publishing, LLC; Author: Jason Bulmahn, based on material by Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, and Skip Williams.
Rot Grub from the Tome of Horrors, Copyright 2002, Necromancer Games, Inc.; Authors Scott Greene and Clark Peterson, based on original material by Gary Gygax
Spirit of the Century © 2006, Evil Hat Productions LLC. Authors Robert Donoghue, Fred Hicks, and Leonard Balsera.
Splinters of Faith, Copyright 2010, Author Gary Schotter & Jeff Harkness.
Starblazer Adventures © 2008, Cubicle 7 Entertainment Ltd.
Strands of Fate © 2010, Void Star Games
Sword & Wizardry Light, Copyright 2016, Matthew J Finch
Swords & Wizardry Complete Rules, Copyright 2010, Matthew J. Finch
Swords & Wizardry Core Rules, Copyright 2008, Matthew J. Finch
System Reference Document © 2000, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.; Authors Jonathon Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams, based on original mate- rial by E. Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson.System Reference Document © 2000-2003, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.; Authors Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams, Rich Baker, Andy Collins, David Noonan, Rich Redman, Bruce R. Cordell, John D. Rateliff , Thomas Reid, James Wya , based on original material by E. Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson.
The Dresden Files Roleplaying Game: Volume 1: Your Story and The Dresden Files Roleplaying Game: Volume 2: Our World © 2010, Evil Hat Productions LLC.
Tome of Horrors Complete, Copyright 2011, Necromancer Games, Inc., published and distributed by Frog God Games (Please see individual monster entries for complete and proper OGL referencing.)
Whitehack, Copyright 2013, Christian Mehrstam.
Whitehack 2nd Edition, Copyright 2013, Christian Mehrstam.
TakeOnRules.com © Jeremy Friesen