A follow-up to my playtest observation.
- What does the stronghold defend? A harbor and a port
- Who are its enemies? Raiders by land. Raiders by sea.
- What are its fortifications? An island position; a palisade outer wall; watch and signal towers; and a well or deep cistern.
- What does its armory include? Hide coats and leather helmets; Bows and a suplly of arrows; Swords.
- Acealon (Court Wizard)
- You are literate.
- You have the right to step out of your earthly life.
- You have the right to throw down demons and lawless spirts.
- You have the right to win over ghosts.
- Bold 0, Good +1, Strong -1, Wary 1, Weird 2
- Head of household; Library
- Darloon, son of Mote (Wicker-Wise)
- You have a right to enchant someone or something.
- You have the right to be overcome by an oracular vision.
- You have the right to speak wisdom in counsel.
- When you whisper to ghosts you have the right to win them over.
- Bold 0, Good +1, Strong -1, Wary +1, Weird +2
- Kadlosch (Blacksmith)
- You have the right to blood recompense when you are wronged.
- You are a free landowner.
- When you rally warriors from among your peers, you have the right to roll Strong.
- You have the right to slay whom you must for the protection of all.
- Bold +1, Good 0, Strong +2, Wary +1, Weird -1
- Head of household; New wealth, armory, vassals, cattle
- Aezar (Peasant Beauty)
- When you appear on the battlefield, you are breathtaking and fell.
- When you confront someone, you are beautiful, poised, and hard as steel.
- You are exhilerating, intoxicating, when you choose to be.
- You are radiant and stunning.
- Bold +2, Good +1, Strong +1, Wary 0, Weird -1
- Bound by the boats, the sea, and the gold
- Look like: Wiry and tawny brown
- Known for: Physical prowess, archers, sorcery, superb metalwork, far reaching trade routes
- Rites 0, War 1, Wealth 1
- Souls 70, Households 50, Warriors 20
- They are subjects of the same crown
- Look like: Hulking, milk white
- Known for: Devotion to law, patience in suffering, brutal raids, loyalty, marvelous feast
- Rites 1, War 1, Wealth 0
- Souls 300, Households 40, Warriors 40
- Kelds (Baltic)
- They worship the same god
- Look like: Small and peach pink skin
- Known for: Ruthlessness, loyalty, vigilance against sorcery, skill at arms, elaborate cosmology, garish fashions
- Rites 1, War 2, Wealth -1
- Souls 30, Households 4, Warriors 8
- Prepare for What’s Coming (Blacksmith)
- With a new gatehouse
- With a bounty of food
- Soldiering (Peasant Beauty)
- You begin the season unhurt
- You are owed pay
- You are still bound to fight
- Rites & Celebration (Wicker-Wise)
- Celebrating Old Ways; A blood sacrifice
- Ask for their Hospitality (Court Wizard)
- He was given archers to help find the Peasant Beauty’s company
- Aezar owed Acelone money; Aezar’s ancestors owed money to Acelone, and Aezar kept with tradition.
- An omen in the fisheries. A black fish being eaten by a white fish being eaten by a black fish.
- Acelon was going to find Aezar, to call in the debt owed him.
- Ingrid, the castellan, spared 10 archers to find Ingulf’s company, with whom Acelon was soldiering.
- Acelon wanted to step out of his earthly life to find Aezar. A botched roll, and he found himself submerged deep underwater. Lanterns bobbing. A maggoty corpse of Ingulf, leader of Aezar’s company, approaching.
- Acelon threw down the demon, demanding his name – Mannon – and to be left in peace. Acelon awoke, in bed, drenched.
- Kadlosch was going to undertake a Great Labor by Crafting fine quality arrows for the archers.
- Assistance was given by way of consulting the spirits
- Exhausted, Kardlosch nearly broke as he realized that “These apprentices are no better than when I got here.”
- Acelon Lept into Action (Heading out to find Aezar)
- Acelon found Aezar but suffered minor scrapes as the Kelds harried him and his company.
- Aezar, through presence and bravado, was able to break the Kelds and able to make a hasty retreat.
- In the woods Aezar, Acelon, and the companies meet.
- Leap into Action (Returning Home)
- Acelon easily covered the distance to get back to the village, inspiring the company to follow, startling and scattering the raiding kelds.
- Aezar attempting to keep up, ruins his leather armor and helmet.
- Raiders on the sea, the watchtowers spotted.
- Kadlosch and Darloon seeing doom on the horizon, mustered warriors and set about preparing defenses.
- Batle was eminent, but would it be possible to avoid?Kadlosch’s player grabbed the dice to Avoid Battle.
- They are raiding for food. The Russians were famished; Kadlosch might be able to convince them to give up their raid if the bounty of food were given.
- Kadlosch made the offer. And Boris accepted.
- Darloon consulted the spirits of fallen crewmates of Boris. He won them over to haunt Boris.
- Aezar called out Boris, the leader of the raiders to join in single combat.
- Boris had a spear, shield, and hide armor: 4 Harm, 2 Armor
- Aezar had a knife: 2 Harm, 0 Armor
- Boris had 1 point to spend choosing between Attack, Defend, Position. Aezar had 3.
- Boris chose 1 for Harm; Aezar chose 2 for Position and 1 for Defend.
Aezar in a fit of defiance, took a spear to the side, but instead of withdrawing, pressed forward to disarm Boris and bring knife to his throat. Aezar suffered 5 harm, but still drew breath.
With a clear abundance of food, the Russians were willing to relocate their families to this blessed land of abundance.
In haste Kadlosch prepared an enchantment to heal Aezar – Among the other sacrifices, Boris was made the blood sacrifice.
End of Season
- Aezar spent the remainder of the season recovering
- Acelon spent the remainder of the season recovering
- Kadlosch spent time with his people preparing for what’s coming.
- A bounty of food.
- Added stone and timber longhouses.
- Darloon spent time with his people preparing for what’s coming.
- Added an encircling ditch.